




This morning I got to sleep in a bit...that was nice, I actually think I am on the schedule here :) I read Col 1 today, how God took us from darkness into LIGHT!. That theme ran throughout my whole day. Daren pick Keith and I up from the guest house and took us to breakfast where I enjoyed a yummy bowl of noodle soup (yes for breakfast) with some hot sauce (my clock is so messed up that lunch for breakfast didn't seem odd!) It was there that I really got to hear and learn about Cambodia first hand. I am learning much, and Daren is a great teacher, he knows his stuff. I am grateful for the time that he has spent to share with us. I was reminded in talking with him how dark Cambodia is and how much in need there is of a Savior. 98% of the people here are Buddist.We then went to the S-21 museum, this is the school that was turned into a place of mass murders and torture for those who betrayed the Khmer Rouge. The first hall way consisted of rooms that were torture rooms. 1 single bed (no mattress) with a heavy metal chain that the person being tourtured would be connected to. Pictures were on the wall of what they found there (real ones). the next hall way that we went through had room after room of actual photos that were taken of each person that entered the gates (only 4 of the thousands survived). The next hallways that we went through were halls of pictures of how the people were tortured, as well as testimonies of those who survived and those who had done the tourturing. Daren made a statement that penatrated my heart...sin is not above us, we are capable of the sickest things in the deepest rescess of our hearts. I was humbled as I stood before those pictures...innocent lives, lives full of life and dreams, taken by harsh measures. I was reminded of the HOPE we have in Christ...how precious that is to us who know HIM.We then went to lunch...it was sooooooooooooooooo hot today and the electricity in the restaurant we went to didn't allow for the comfort of the AC. I think it was over 100 today with humity, maybe a 1,0000000...lol (just kidding). During lunch I got to ask some questions of Daren, specifically regarding missions. (thank you MR JACKSON for talking so much about "THE CALL". ) I would like to say that I waxed elequantly, but I am still in the process of figuring out what that is for me...I am learning and praying!we then took a rest in the AC...ahhhhWe spent the evening get flowers in the market for JODI's Birthday and eating dinner and cake for her special day.I am enjoying the culture and the cute kids! There is so much to tell but I don't want to take up all the time on the computer. PS Things to ask me about when I get home: Rose Marie the nurse that works at the school is amazing...ask me to tell you about her. The beck Kids are my newest best buds. the becks are people I could learn a lot from (they love the LORD!), and the 3 ladies that work for them are fun to get to know...ahhh and Daniel...SOOOOOOO cute...I think he is 4 months old. :)...see I told you I could go on for EVER!!!!!!Things to pray for:1-That I would feel good in the heat2- for Logos school who is need of some pre-K teachers, a math teacher and a physics teacher for next year.3-that we may shine Jesus while we are here!4- That God would make my calling sure.5-for my return home (that I wouldn't get sick again) :)I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Until the Shout!Bong Jen (that is what they call "Older sisters" here...the Beck kids call me this ...so cute)Col 1 ...may we be light
No comments:
Post a Comment