Thursday, June 14, 2007

Day 3 in Cambodia




Susaday (hello)His mercies are new every moring...GOD"S FAITHFULNESS to us is AMAZING!! I feel like a "real" missionary with all these stories...lol. Last night was awesome! When we got back to the guest house I met a girl from a provence outside of the city who came with her older neighbor and 2 of the neighbors 9 kids. They were in the city so the little boy Jamin, (though he looked 2, was actually 5) could have a heart Dr look at him in hopes of saving his life. I got to talk with Sosen, who is 20. She shared with me her story of how God brought missionaries to her village and told her about Jesus, as a small child she accepted HIM as Lord of her life. Her mom had passed away and her dad was very abusive (Abuse is the norm here...very common in all shapes and forms). though she would be hit if she went to church, her love for Jesus Compelled her to go...so through the hitting she would pray for her dad's salvation...God answered her prayer 6 years later!!!!!!!!!!!! It is awesome to hear how God changes hearts...He gives HOPE!! I was humbled as I got to go back to my cozy bed in the AC and they had to sleep on the matted floor. Keith had given me some fig nuttens (sp?) and I gave them to the little boy this morning...he held them like treasures, taking a little bite and then sliding it back in the bag to save for later. I am thankful that God opened this door for me...I am grateful!Today we had breakfast and will soon head out for the Wat (which is the Buddist temple), and then to Shalom church and then to the Market place. Mom, yesterday at the Market place I saw a really pretty quilt that was made (same price as US) but made me think of you and g-ma Hodge! I took a picture for you! Dad, Daren and Jodi loved the Piper books. They were all overwhelmed by the toys and supplies that your money provided. I hope to tell them tomorrow night about the money that was raised to give to their ministry! shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !! I am sooooooooo glad you all had a part in that! :) My time in the Word has been sweet too! ahhh how refreshing in the heat of life!Until the Shout!Jen :)PS. I LOVE IT HERE!

No comments: